Kendra Scott, LLC
Last Revision: June 1, 2019
Quick Guide to Contents
- 1. Information We Collect
- 2. Information Use
- 3. Information Disclosure
- 4. Service Providers
- 5. Our Commitment to Data Security
- 6. Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
- 7. European Residents
- 8. How to Contact Us
- 9. Revisions to This Policy
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
Kendra Scott collects information from you when you choose to provide it to us, such as when you make a purchase, create an account, sign up for our email list, provide a product review or rating, or otherwise contact us. As described in more detail below, the information we collect may include your name, billing and shipping address(es), email address, payment card information, phone number, birthdate, account user name and password, and product rating or review. If you refuse to provide any requested information (whether or not required), you may not be able to take full advantage of any in-store services, the website or its features.
- Make a Purchase: Through the website at any of our retail locations, you will be able to purchase Kendra Scott products. We may ask for your name, billing and shipping address(es), telephone number, email address, and payment card information in order to process and confirm your order and ship your item(s) to you.
- Create an Account: Through the website, you may create a personal shipping account with Kendra Scott, which can make the shipping process faster and easier. Kendra Scott will store the following information in your account, should you choose to provide it to us: your name, billing and shipping address(es), email address, phone number, and birthdate. Kendra Scott may also store your credit card information should you chose to enable this feature. To establish an account, you will need to create a user name and a password that will allow access to the account, where you can add, delete, or change the information you have provided. If you elect to use a public computer to access your account, please remember to log out at the conclusion of your session.
- Email List: Through the website or at any retail location, you may add your email address to the Kendra Scott email list. Kendra Scott will never share your email address with, or sell your email address to, a third party that is not a Service Provider (as defined below) or that is otherwise directly or indirectly affiliated with Kendra Scott. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from Kendra Scott at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option within the email or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ratings and Reviews: Through the website, you may provide a public rating or review of a product you purchased. You are required to provide your email address when you provide a public rating or review. We will not publish your email address, but please remember that any information you may disclose in these public areas of the website becomes public information. As a result, please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
- Customer Service: If you engage with our Customer Service center by phone at 1-866-677-7023 or by email, you may be asked for information such as your name, email address, billing and shipping address(es), telephone number, and order number (if you have made a purchase). We use this information to assist you and address your needs.
Information Automatically or Passively Collected
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and used to collect information about your activities on the website. These cookies provide statistical data that helps us to improve our website and deliver better and more customized services.
- Pixel Tags: Pixel tags are tiny graphic images on that help us analyze customer online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and advertising.
For example, we may automatically collect statistical information such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, and other technical information about your computer or device. We also may collect information about your use of the website, including the identity of the website that referred you to our website; the pages you view; the features you use; the links you click; the date and time you access the website; whether you receive, open, forward, or click-through emails and advertisements; and other usage data.
We also work with third-party business partners (“Service Providers”) that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us online or at one of our retail locations and information we automatically or passively collect, to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for various purposes, such as to provide services, process transactions, improve customer experience and engagement, and develop the website. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information if:
- We need to process your information to provide you with products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data, like analytics, fraud prevention, improving the website and our business, and direct marketing; and/or we are legally required to process it.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for purposes including but not limited to the following:
- Provide services and communicate with website visitors;
- Process transactions;
- Improve our website and your customer shopping experience;
- Send communications about our products, services, and promotions;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Contact you when necessary;
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse; and/or as described to you at the point of collection.
We may store this information for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish these tasks, unless the law permits or requires a longer period. For example, if you create an account, we may store any information associated with your account even after cancellation of your account. If you make a purchase, we will store any personal information associated with that purchase for as long as necessary to fulfill the order and process any returns.
We may disclose the information we collect from and about you (1) to our Service Providers, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us; (2) as necessary if we believe that there has been a violation of our rights or the rights of any third party; (3) to respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and (4) as described to you at the point of collection. We do not sell the information we collect to any non-affiliated third parties.
We may contract with Service Providers to perform functions related to the website. Such Service Providers will have access to the information collected as necessary to perform their business functions for Kendra Scott, some of which are described in this Policy, but may not use or share that information for purposes outside the scope of those business functions.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Kendra Scott goes to great lengths to keep financial information private and safe, and we take certain physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of all the information we collect from and about website visitors and users.
While we will use every reasonable means to help ensure the security and integrity of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the website to, nor do we knowingly, collect any information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
Residents of the European Economic Area have the following rights with respect to the personal information collected from and about you on the website:
- The right to request access to such personal information;
- The right to amend, delete, and/or restrict the processing of such personal information;
- In some instances, the right to object to the processing of such personal information;
- In some instances, the right to request that we export, in a structured, commonly used, machine readable, and interoperable format, and transmit to another controller, such personal information; and
- The right to withdraw, at any time, any consent to the processing of such personal information.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com and as a reminder, you may always log in and amend the information you provided to establish your account.
We may transfer your personal information to locations outside of the European Economic Area, including the United States. When we do, we use Standard Contractual Clauses, and some of our Service Providers may rely on Standard Contractual Clauses, Privacy Shield, or Binding Corporate Rules, to help ensure we and our Service Providers respect your privacy rights and protect the transfer your personal information to the United States, where it will be processed and stored.
How To Contact Us
Revisions To This Policy